InstantObjects is an integrated framework for developing object-oriented business solutions in Delphi™. The framework provides the foundation for the development process as well as the engine that powers the final application.
- Model realization in the Delphi IDE via integrated two-way tools.
- Object persistence in the most common relational databases or flat XML-based files.
- Object presentation via standard data-aware controls.
The project and its SVN source repository are hosted by SourceForge. You can keep up to date with the project development by subscribing to the RSS feed. or going to the InstantObjects Development Wiki.
The project has been progressing slowly but steadily since its first release as open source. Currently, the team is preparing to release version 3.0.
All InstantObjects users are invited to join us in the newsgroups and contribute.
A newsgroup for InstantObjects is hosted on an NNTP server along with other newsgroup areas (in English and Italian) managed by Marco Cantý.
This is the list of areas (please post in the most appropriate one):
- instantobjects.org.general: General discussions and information.
- instantobjects.org.support: Ask for help when using IO.
- instantobjects.org.development: Contribute to IO development.
- instantobjects.org.repository: Binary attachments.
Please follow the standard netiquette, avoid posting large attachments (unless really needed) and post zipped code only in the repository area. Messages seen as inappropriate might be removed. Please use your own full name when posting.
Access info: news server is news.instantobjects.org, but you need a username and password. You can obtain these by signing up to Marco Cantý's newsgroup.
As an alternative you can browse the newsgroups online at delphi.newswhat.com.